Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Andrew Tuttle


Name: Andrew Tuttle
Website: http://andrewtuttle.com.au
Bandcamp Collection: https://bandcamp.com/tuttythumbsup

recommendations



Notes: Musically I fit into an international musical community as much I do a domestic one, but I wanted to share some Australian music I’ve bought on bandcamp.

Lawrence is one of my favourite sound artists and is a never-ending source of inspiration and guidance to me. His new album is really beautiful and more minimal than the last few. Looking forward to hearing and feeling it loud and immersive when concerts are a thing again.

Gordon Koang is a South Sudanese pop star who moved to Australia on a refugee visa a few years back. He writes great songs and is so joyous live. I saw him play on my birthday last year and my face hurt from smiling so much. In great news, Gordon’s now got his permanent residency and his new album is out in a few months.

I work with Alana in my day job, she’s also one of my favourite Australian ‘classic’ songwriters. This is a great chooglin’ song and I’m excited for her debut album when it’s out.

Adam McFillin is a close friend, our musical paths have woven into each other for a decade and a half now. I thought he’d finished up with his Brain Drain project, but I’m gleefully wrong with this new album.

Fia Fiell aka Carolyn Schofield makes absolutely beautiful synth music. Both this and her full-length LP All In The Same Room are absolutely recommended.

I was a massive fan of Darren Cross’ band Gerling when I was in my formative musical years, so his take on solo instrumental guitar was always going to be interesting for me. Absolutely worth checking out his instrumental and vocal solo releases – as well as hitting the wayback machine and delving into his 00s band work.

No comments:

Post a Comment