Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Paul Richards from Scared to Dance


Name: Paul Richards
Website: www.scaredtodance.co.uk
Link to Bandcamp collection


recommendations



Pictish Trail - Thumb World
I've worked with a few bands on Lost Map Records. Their brilliant roster includes Savage Mansion, Firestations and Rozi Plain amongst many others. Label founder and director Johnny Lynch's latest LP under the Pictish Trail moniker, an 8-bit odyssey.

Dana Gavanski - Yesterday Is Gone
One of my favourite albums of the year so far. I knew next to nothing about her before hearing Yesterday Is Gone. I'd included a few tracks on our monthly podcast and liked them so much I got the album.

Store Front - Task EP
I stumbled across this via Peggy Wang who used to play in The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. She's now on bass with New York's Store Front who have put out this charmingly lo-fi EP.

Basic Plumbing - Keeping Up Appearances
A posthumous release by my friend Patrick Doyle, formerly of Veronica Falls, who we lost last year. He had sent me some demos from the album a while back so hearing the LP in full was quite something.

Why Bonnie - Voice Box
The band’s first release on Fat Possum Records. This has been on heavy rotation over the past month.
The Magnetic Fields - Quickies
Stephin Merritt and co return with a collection of Quickies. Claudia Gonson has all the best tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment